This Shadow Cruiser 280QBS is loaded with quad bunks in the back and a queen bed up front, with room for four or more to sleep in the dining/living area. *** Please expand description for vehicle towing requirements and rental time conditions. ***
Comfortably sleeps 6-7 adults and 3-4 children (or a couple more shorter adults) on the furniture, with room for a playpen. (We've even woken up to a couple of extra cousins in sleeping bags on the floor!)
A/V system includes TV that swivels to face living space or master bedroom and a fully contained Bluetooth/DVD/CD/MP3/AM/FM stereo with indoor and outdoor speakers.
- Dining table seats six, converts to bed (best for those under 5' tall)
- Leather couch folds out to an almost "full" sized bed (best for those under 6' tall)
- Secondary dining area/game table for up to two adults or four kids
- Wide, adjustable powered awning can cover one or two picnic tables next to the trailer
- Air conditioning (A/C unit will work on a 15A/120V circuit if it's the only thing on; running anything more requires switching to fan only or using 20-30A/120V circuit)
- Propane fridge/freezer (AC temporarily unavailable)
- Second, outdoor kitchenette with electric (AC only) mini fridge
- Dual propane tanks
- Dual batteries
- LED lighting
- Plenty of storage for a week's worth of camping (food & clothing)
- AC/propane water heater
- 40 gallon fresh water tank, 20 gal black & gray tanks
- Main area slide-out creates roomy living space comfortable for about 8 people (dining, entertaining)
- Full service hookups (power, water, sewer, satellite, off-air/cable TV)
- Crank-up TV antenna
- Hitch included with rental (load distribution/anti-sway assembly)
** Your vehicle must be able to tow a minimum of 6000 lbs comfortably. This is at the top end of most half-ton vehicles (150/1500-series pickups, Expedition, Yukon, Suburban, etc.). We have towed it multiple times with our 2008 Expedition EL, but it struggles up really long hills. Three-quarter and one-ton trucks, vans, and SUVs (250/2500, 350/3500) fare much better.
** Your tow vehicle must be equipped with a brake controller and 7-pin RV power plug. Brake controllers range from $50 to $200 at most auto parts stores, and many vehicles come pre-equipped with a wiring harness adapter to make installation pretty straightforward.
*** Rental time is the time the trailer is out of our hands, not the duration of your trip.
*** Rentals are counted as per night, with pick-up/drop-off/delivery times generally scheduled between 4-10 p.m. on weekdays, most any time Saturday, and after 1:00 p.m on Sundays. (As a general rule, we clarify hand-off times before the rental is finalized.) We reserve the right to pro-rate for partial days. For example, an 8:00 a.m. check-out on day 1 and 10:00 p.m. check-in on last day could cost an additional 33% of the daily rental fee.
*** To guarantee availability for an "early" pickup or delivery (any time before 4:00 p.m. of the first day), you will want to include the night before in your rental.