We love to help.

We love to help.

Do I have to pay taxes on what I earn with Outdoorsy?

Most likely.

In general, any and all income you earn is taxable. That includes the income you earn on Outdoorsy unless you’re exempt under U.S. tax code. 

Reporting your Outdoorsy income

If you receive $600 or more in reportable payments each year

Outdoorsy will prepare a 1099-K tax form for you — so long as we have your tax information. We’ll also send a copy to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). 

If you receive less than $600 in reportable payments each year

You may not receive a 1099-K from Outdoorsy. However, you’ll receive an annual accounting of your rentals to make tax reporting easier. Find it in your Dashboard, where you can review your earnings anytime.

Understanding your tax responsibilities 

You may be able to reduce how much of your income is subject to tax if you can claim certain business expenses as deductions.

Be sure to consult a tax professional.