Introducing our cheap thrills mountain explorer, the Maverick.
Our Maverick vans will zip you around the Rockies in comfort and style without breaking the bank, leaving you with plenty of extra play money to enjoy the best that Western Canada has to offer!
At its heart is a smooth and very economical V6 engine, meaning that you'll be getting around 10L/100km, saving some $$$ at the pump as well as the lives of a few polar bears along the way!
Having been built as mini-van for mom's to take their kids to soccer practice in, it's an absolute piece of cake to drive, especially long distances with all the great features you'd expect from a modern vehicle.
All our rentals include unlimited kilometres, meaning there is no crunching numbers to stay under your KM allocation and nothing stopping you from exploring every corner of the beautiful Rockies and beyond.
Our Maverick campers can be set up for 2-4 travellers, with a folding double bed for 2 in the back and an additional tent, mattress and bedding for 2 more (extra cost).
Inside you will find:
- A Banff National Park Pass (saving you over $20 a day in park fees)
- A super comfy double mattress with fresh bedding and pillows (extra bedding, sleeping arrangements for additional travellers available)
- Comfy camping chairs for you to sit in and gaze in wonderment at your surroundings
- A small fold up table for cooking, preparing meals, playing cards, plotting world domination etc.
- A double burner propane gas stove and enough cookware and utensils to cook a gourmet meal
- A large water container to fill up in mountain streams
- A good sized cooler to keep everything cold
- USB charging ports
- FM transmitter and CD player
- Lots of room for your gear
- Some even have an onboard DVD player and TV for movies under the stars!
With so much to see and do here, you'll want to plan your trip for as long as you possibly can! We've made it easier to do with these awesome discounts on your entire booking:
- Rentals 7 days or longer get a 10% discount
- Rentals 14 days or longer get a 15% discount
- Rentals 28 days or longer get a 20% discount
All bookings also get 20% off on any tour or gear rental from Radventures!
Some would say we're practically just giving good times away!
Before and during your trip, you'll get access to our expert local guides and concierge who can help you with route planning, hot tips for destinations and assisting with any booking enquiries for your adventure.
If you are flying into Calgary International Airport (YYC), we can arrange public transport to bring you directly to your awaiting rental, or better yet we can send one of our local expert guides to pick you up, meaning you'll get the 1.5 hours from the airport to pick their brains and get equipped with all the info you need for your adventure ahead.
We can also arrange for your timely drop-off at YYC when it's sadly time for you to leave.
Contactless check-in/check-out is available during and outside of our business hours, meaning you can pick-up/drop-off your rental at any time.
We also have access to SUPs, canoes, kayaks, bikes, lake toys and more which we can hook you up with for mates rates, just let us know what you'd like to do whilst here exploring and we'd be happy to help.
Also available to rent are GPS units, power inverters, thermoelectric fridges, high quality backcountry camping/hiking equipment, bike racks, portable speakers and more.
The full selection of our rental equipment is available at:
* The Maverick rental is a converted Chevrolet Uplander / Dodge Grand Caravan or similar mini-van. Your rental may or not be one of units shown in pictures, but all rentals are inspected for safety pre and post trip and sanitized to AHS standards.