Your parents always told you never to take candy from strangers in cargo vans. But did they ever say anything about not going on an epic adventure in your own professionally converted #vanlife machine?
Our Free Candy campers are big and beautiful, custom built rigs that are perfect for cruising around the Rockies in comfort and style without breaking the bank, leaving you with plenty of extra play money to enjoy the best that Western Canada has to offer!
At its heart is a smooth and very economical V8 engine, meaning that you'll be getting around 12L/100km, saving some $$$ at the pump as well as the lives of a few polar bears along the way!
You'll get all the usual comforts of a modern vehicle, but with the stealth capabilities of a cargo vehicle, making it the perfect companion for exploring both urban and mountain environments.
All our rentals include unlimited kilometres, meaning there is no crunching numbers to stay under your KM allocation and nothing stopping you from exploring every corner of the beautiful Rockies and beyond.
Our Free Candy campers are set up for 2 travellers, with a plush queen sized bed in the back and a good amount of space for chilling inside on rainy days. They also feature the greatest amount of storage space, so you can be rest assured there is plenty enough room for your bikes, climbing gear or your own kitchen sink.
Inside you will find:
- A Banff National Park Pass (saving you over $20 a day in park fees)
- A super comfy queen mattress with fresh bedding and pillows
- Comfy camping chairs for you to sit in and gaze in wonderment at your surroundings
- A small fold up table for cooking, preparing meals, playing cards, plotting world domination etc.
- A double burner propane gas stove (with included propane) and enough cookware and utensils to cook a gourmet meal
- A large water container to fill up in mountain streams
- A good sized cooler to keep everything cold
- USB charging ports
- FM transmitter and CD player
- Lots of room for your gear
With so much to see and do here, you'll want to plan your trip for as long as you possibly can! We've made it easier to do with these awesome discounts on your entire booking:
- Rentals 7 days or longer get a 10% discount
- Rentals 14 days or longer get a 15% discount
- Rentals 28 days or longer get a 20% discount
All bookings also get 20% off on any tour or gear rental from Radventures!
Some would say we're practically just giving good times away!
Before and during your trip, you'll get access to our expert local guides and concierge who can help you with route planning, hot tips for destinations and assisting with any booking enquiries for your adventure.
If you are flying into Calgary International Airport (YYC), we can arrange public transport to bring you directly to your awaiting rental, or better yet we can send one of our local expert guides to pick you up, meaning you'll get the 1.5 hours from the airport to pick their brains and get equipped with all the info you need for your adventure ahead.
We can also arrange for your timely drop-off at YYC when it's sadly time for you to leave.
Contactless check-in/check-out is available during and outside of our business hours, meaning you can pick-up/drop-off your rental at any time.
We also have access to SUPs, canoes, kayaks, bikes, lake toys and more which we can hook you up with for mates rates, just let us know what you'd like to do whilst here exploring and we'd be happy to help.
Also available to rent are GPS units, power inverters, thermoelectric fridges, high quality backcountry camping/hiking equipment, bike racks, portable speakers and more.
The full selection of our rental equipment is available at:
* The Free Candy rental is a converted Chevrolet Express or similar cargo van. Your rental may or not be one of units shown in pictures, but all rentals are inspected for safety pre and post trip and sanitized to AHS standards.