Say 'hi' to Jerry - the perfect rocky mountain Westy getaway! This 1981 Volkswagen Westfalia has been meticulously kept and updated to offer a classic, yet comfortable experience. There's nothing like stepping into this blast from the past and exploring the beautiful rocky mountains, popping the top and setting up in no time.Jerry has that vintage charm but with several key upgrades for the best experience. He has a large battery bank that has two ways to charge: driving (120A alternator), or plugging into shore power (40A charger). Meaning that you don't need to pay for campsites and you'll still have all the power you could imagine. There are plenty of outlets and USB chargers that you can use to charge cellphones, laptops, tablets, etc. A universal cellphone mount for easy navigation, and charger and bluetooth included so you can wirelessly play your favourite music. There is the classic VW water tank (about 13 gallons) that provides more than enough to wash your hands and dishes in the convenient sink. Refilling the tank is painless and can be done from any source of clean drinking water (don't worry, we will show you everything!). Need to rinse off some mud or sand? A separate rinse system is provided so you can easily rinse off outside. These upgrades mean that you can take Jerry anywhere for days at a time and not have to worry about running out of power or water.Inside has the classic VW finishes with original cabinetry and carpet! Pop the top and you instantly have two full beds that sleep a comfortable two or a cozy four. All your linens included! The kitchen is fully stocked with pots & pans, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery - everything you need! The kitchen is complete with a propane powered two burner stove and fridge. Plenty of LED lighting installed for all the light you'll need. Two original swivel tabletops for eating and games, and we even provide a portable toilet so you can truly go off-grid!Take Jerry on his next great adventure!
What's included- All your linens included (bedding, pillows)!
- Kitchen is fully stocked including pots, frying pan, cooking utensils, large and small bowls, plates, kettle, small french press for coffee, mugs & cups and eating utensils.
- Phone charger and lightning cable provided, including bluetooth to play your favourite music.
- Extra storage available on the grill and top of Jerry, with tie down straps included.
- Portable toilet provided. Small dump fee for $100 or you can dump it yourself for free.
- Kananaskis Park Pass and Banff National Park Pass included so you can explore everywhere!
- Optional items can be included for free upon request: camping chairs, roasting sticks, cooler, etc.
- Other big items for rent: paddle board, pump, oar & lifejacket (2 sets available for $100 each)
- Pickup from the airport for $75, or pickup for free from our house.
- Drop off at the airport for $75, or drop off for free at our house.
Recommendations- Explore the many trails and hikes in Kananaskis! Enjoy incredible views, lakes and rivers only an hour away. We can recommend some fantastic places to go and explore.
- Explore Banff, Canmore and Lake Louise: beautiful, quaint small mountain towns!
**Kananaskis Park Pass and Banff National Park Pass included!**
Other things to noteWe want you to enjoy your time in Jerry, and we will do everything we can to make it an enjoyable experience! Please note that Jerry is vintage and is mechanically sound, but will not have the power you are used to in modern cars as he is a classic air-cooled engine. He is a manual transmission, so if you are not experienced with driving stick, this likely isn't for you. He does not have air-conditioning, though please note this is not an issue in our climate! Nights in the rockies cool down significantly so you will be very comfortable. Jerry is a fantastic getaway for anyone - individuals or families! We know it will be an unforgettable experience.