Hermes – our non-smoking 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with Stow-N-Go
touring seating for 7
or roomy seating for 4 (with comfy bed folded)
or front seating for 2 (with bed always unfolded).
Insurance: Outdoorsy add-on insurance is available for renters 25 and older. Or maybe your own "comprehensive" insurance policy would cover Hermes rental? Or maybe the credit card you use to pay for Hermes covers insurance? Whatever the case, you need to demonstrate insurance.
Picking up / Dropping off: please allow an hour for safety and familiarity checks, loading / unloading gear, and inspection paperwork.
Do you want to road trip the US and/or Canada without spending a fortune?
1) Take our Hermes and cut your fuel costs over 70% off a big RV when you cruise around 56mph (or 90kph) getting over 30 mpg (9 l/100km). Hermes drives easy and rides soft and quiet, so the journey itself is the sweet part. Destinations become only a way to extend the journey, rather than whip you into hurrying somewhere.
2) Take our Hermes and cut your hotel costs. The full sized 6” thick Sultan Fidjetun foam & memory foam mattress was trimmed to 49” wide, but the interior elbow-room just higher than the mattress allows for an over 60” wide sleep area which is spacious for two, even with a small dog! Use our tent, hammock, and/or awning to sleep two more outside, or tilt the front seats for four storm-sleepers inside.
3) Take our Hermes and minimize your campsite costs.
a. The plenteous “Rest Areas” along state highways allow up to 8 hour safety stays.
b. Walmart stores have a policy of welcoming clean overnight parking.
c. BLM land (1/8th the US landmass) is free to camp on if staying less than 14 days per location.
d. Hermes is neighborhood friendly and generic looking from the outside, with standard tinted windows that obscure your stealth resting.
e. Join a national gym (like AnyTimeFitness) for showers nearly everywhere.
4) Take our Hermes and cut your food costs. With an insulated small and quiet 12v electric fridge and large solar panel, you can keep groceries and left-overs safe for later.
5) Take our Hermes and minimize your camping equipment costs. For one-time low equipment fee of $60, borrow a tent, awning, solar showers, camp toilet, privacy pop-up, TP, shovel, axe, hammock, sleeping bags, bedding, pillows, towels, stove, lights, first-aid kit, table, chairs, pots, pans, plates, cups, cutlery, DC-AC inverter, USB multi-charger, tools, bikes and more... even a kayak if you have room.
6) Take our Hermes and minimize your phone/data costs. For possibly less than $1/day, use our extra smart-phone with USA phone number for GPS navigation, calling, hot-spotting data for your phone, pictures, emergencies, et cetera. Watching movies or uploading gobs of photos on data (find a WiFi hotspot instead!) will cost more.
6) Take our Hermes and cut your exploration costs, since we give you 300 average daily miles! This allows serious distance, yet encourages local adventures along the way.
7) Take our Hermes and cut your airline baggage costs. Just bring your clothed self, ID, toothbrush, swimsuit, underwear, eyewear. Visit thrift stores everywhere for more (or just local) clothes at crazy low prices.
8) Take our Hermes and save days or weeks of equipment procurement time and money. Hermes is very healthy and ready for any US/Canadian road trip you desire.
Hermes has blue cloth interior, a 3.8L V6 gasoline engine, automatic transmission, dual air conditioning, roof DVD/RCA/HDMI/USB/SD player, jumper cables, jack/spare tire, Class II hitch (3500/300/1.25) /w either ball, Yakima roof bars, Yakima 4-bike rack, 20 gallon (76 liter) fuel tank. Hermes gets 15 to 31 mpg (19.0 – 9.0 l/100km) depending on driving speed/style/location, which yields 300 to 600 miles (500 – 950 km) per tank of fuel.